Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I am lucky because I live in Florida...otherwise known as the Sunshine State. I grew up in Massachusetts and did all the fun stuff you can do in the winters up there. I loved skating on the frozen cranberry bogs and  playing tackle football (with no equipment) in the snow. I even tried skiing a few times...and enjoyed that until I tore my right knee up going down a mogul run that was a bit passed my skill level. I hung up the skis after that incident. I lived for baseball all through high school and dreamed of going to the big leagues. What could be better than to get paid playing a game you love? I never got to the show but I still play softball and pretend there are more than 10 people in the stands. Being in Florida there is no excuse to not get out and enjoy the incredible weather we have down here. If you haven't been involved in any sports lately, I encourage you to check out your local scene and get into a sport that interests you.  If you are from a colder climate there are so many things you can do to stay active that I won't even try to list them all. So come on...get off the couch and be a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment